Sunday, November 20, 2011

My Discovery

Hey, I’m not a talking hill here. Somebody just taught me how to use the web, lent me a laptop and here I am blasting my keyboard as words came out presto. He also taught me some writing styles. But let me tell you this, he’s not that good. Just read my works and be the judge. My style is his style. (Peace man!) And Mr. Wind, with his vast knowledge of everything from geography to politics and because he has this ability to travel around the world and collect different information from different cultures, helps me sort-out things and gives me tips regularly. By the way this guy, the one who gave me voice, I usually call him Eych (as in letter H).

He is the grandson of my owner. Like I’ve said I hate being propertied by somebody but I can’t do anything about it. It’s reality. I also have this document like Live Birth with nos. on it - TCT achuchu or Lot No. acheche with boundaries from North to South. That is also how they usually call me and other adjacent lots (what a pity). Hays! Anyway, please, just call me Omeo. Capital Oh, em, ee, oh. That’s the name Eych gave me.

Eych is actually my first discoverer. It’s not the Malays or Spaniards exploration kind of things No no, not that part. I mean, he discovered my uniqueness (ehem). He said I’m not an ordinary hill. He gave me an identity.

Topographically, I have one of the best locations in town which has a 180 degree panoramic view. Aside from being elevated at 80 feet above sea level, on my left side is our majestic Mt. Mayon which perfect beauty I never cease to admire. On the upper left side, Kapuntukan Hill or the Sleeping Lion blends with Mt. Mayon as it shows the contrast of light to dark blue ocean as the background, while the front brings you an extended blue horizon of endless sea where the Great Sunny Sunshine emerge from his sleep at dawn everyday. Down below is the newly constructed Legazpi City Boulevard appearing like a glowing snake at night crawling in harmony with lovers and joggers. And also at far lower right side is a glimpse of Lignon Hill, a mole on a dome. Not only that, beneath my lower side run a long river that meets the ocean like sweethearts making love elegantly. Don’t forget how the city lights of fireflies illuminate the night.

It’s hard to express all of these in words. If you can experience it personally and see for yourself, only then that the feelings become mutual. Yah, a picture paints a thousand words but painting with your eyes creates a landscape of thousand views. That is why, in line with my purpose, I’m here to share with you what my ‘eyes’ can see. Yes, a hill has eyes.

How would I do that? Here’s what I think. Humans have not yet invented a device or gadget to extract panoramic scenes from my memories, even from human minds. Instead, someone has to be with me to help me capture them. Eych offered his time to record the moment and freeze it using a camera. I love this device.

In this way, I can fulfill my mission of sharing my world and my lovely town to you. You can look at the pictures in Flickr or Facebook just don’t forget to like, share and tag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment